National PTA's 50+ year Reflections program provides opportunities for recognition and access to the arts which boost student confidence and success in the arts and in life. Every year, over 300,000 students participate in the program, advancing from the local to the state to the national level, earning recognition and prizes for their talents.
The student-selected theme for the 2021-2022 Reflections program is I Will Change the World By…
Again this year, because of COVID-19, we’re going VIRTUAL and it couldn’t be a better time to participate in the arts! Students of all grades and abilities are invited to participate and submit their entries by Friday, October 22, 2021 and here’s how:
- CREATE original works of art in the following categories and enter under their grade-level division
Dance Choreography (rules)
Film Production (rules)
Music Composition (rules)
Visual Arts (rules)
Special Artist division (rules) – for students with disabilities who receive services under IDEA or ADA: Section 504
- Save and upload a file of the student artwork (photos of the Visual Arts pieces will be accepted this year) to the Google Drive under the appropriate category with the following title:
Student First and Last Name_Grade_Arts Category_Title of Work
e.g. Amy Weinberg_Grade 3_Dance Choreography_World Peace
- Download, complete and upload the completed 2021 Student Entry Form, including a student-written artist statement, to the Google Drive under the appropriate category with the following title:
Student First and Last Name_Grade_Arts Category_Title of Work_ Student Entry Form
e.g. Amy Weinberg_Grade 3_Dance Choreography_World Peace_Student Entry Form
*All pieces must be uploaded to the Google Drive by Friday October 22, 2021 with a complete Student Entry Form to be considered*
- Stay tuned! Student entries will be judged in three areas: interpretation of the theme (I Will Change the World By…), originality and technique. Awards will be announced by the end of November. Awards, prizes and celebrations will follow in the winter.
Students who are awarded top honors will advance to the county level and then have the chance to advance to the state and national levels for awards and prizes.
We hope all students will participate and make this the best Reflections year ever at Discovery!
- Reflections 2021-2022 Student Entry Form:
- Check out some of last year’s talented winners!
- Visit Virginia PTA’s Reflections and National PTA’s Reflections websites for more information about the program and awards.
Questions? Email Amy Weinberg at Reflections@DiscoveryPTA.org.
Explore DISCOVERY Merchandise
Show your Discovery Spirit by purchasing grade-level shirts!
Pick-up instructions will be emailed to you after your order is confirmed.
Shirts are $10 and are available for Pre-K through 5th grade.
Students are encouraged to wear their grade-level shirts on field trips, Field Day, spirit days, and any other time they feel like showing their grade level pride!
New Merchandise Available!
Our merchandise ordering site, new for the 2021-2022 school year, will follow the Scholastic book order model: you will have a window of time to place an order; when the window closes, items will be shipped and then distributed to your student at school. There will be multiple opportunities to order throughout the school year.
The first order window is open until October 4. We have LOTS of new items this year! Check them out.