The Discovery Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a community of parents and educators working together to supplement the educational experience for our children.
The PTA provides financial and volunteer support for a wide range of school programs and community-building activities:
Your membership dues and donations will fund many beloved school programs, including:
• Art, music and physical education support
• Classroom supplies
• Continuing education for teachers
• After-school enrichment programs
• Hydroponic garden
• Weather station
• Odyssey of the Mind
The PTA also coordinates many events aimed at helping to build a strong school community:
• Pumpkin Fest
• Parent social and auction
• DJ Dance Party
• Bingo Night
• Movie Nights
• World Heritage Night
• Family Fitness Night
• Explorer Night
• 5K Fun Run
We hope you will join the PTA and become a part of our school community. As a member, you will receive our regular PTA newsletter, which will ensure that you are kept in the loop about school activities.
We also hope that you will also consider volunteering your time to help shape the Discovery experience for our children. A wide range of volunteer opportunities are available, including one-time volunteer opportunities to help facilitate events like the above.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please email our PTA President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership is $10.00 per adult or $20.00 per family.
JOIN THE PTA AND ACCESS THE ONLINE DIRECTORY
When you join the PTA, you will verify your family and students' information including update their class assignments. Then you will have access to the directory and can see who else has been assigned to your child's class as other parents do the same. The online directory has many benefits including:
- Search for other parents who have opted in and sort by class and street.
- Update your class assignments in August and then immediately see who else has been assigned to your child's class as other parents do the same.
- Access the directory immediately every Fall. Parents will not have to wait to receive that information.
- Room parents will be able to access their class list immediately and reach out to parents earlier in the Fall.
Simply click on the LOGIN link below. If you attended Discovery last year -- or signed up for an account over the summer -- please use the same login information. If you are new to Discovery, you will need to create an account. For assistance please contact, email@example.com.
- Monday, April 6
- Tuesday, April 7
- Wednesday, April 8
- Thursday, April 9
- Friday, April 10
- Monday, April 13
- Thursday, April 16
- Wednesday, April 22