Discovery PTA Ice Cream Social
Friday, September 17
Explorers and their families are invited to catch up with old friends and meet new ones while enjoying an ice cream treat!
Several Covid mitigation measures will be in place to help keep everyone safe while we socialize:
- Masks are required when not eating and drinking, regardless of vaccination status.
- We will have two ice cream trucks stationed at opposite ends of the space to reduce crowding.
- We will have chalk dots on the ground for spacing while you wait, and we are encouraging full use of the campus (both playgrounds, veranda, etc.) so everyone can spread out.
- We will also set out hand sanitizer.
Please note: This is an outdoor event. The building will be closed, so there will be no bathroom access.
Renew your membership for the
2021-2022 school year!
Membership is $10.00 per adult or $20.00 per family
for the 2021-2022 school year
The Discovery Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a community of parents and educators working together to supplement the educational experience for our children. The PTA provides financial and volunteer support for a wide range of school programs and community-building activities, including:
Your membership dues and donations will fund many beloved school programs, including:
• Art, Music, PE, Science, and Technology program support
• Academic Enrichment (e.g., Math Dice; Poet Laureate)
• Classroom Libraries
• After-school Enrichment Programs
• Book Fair / Author Visits
• Staff Continuing Education
• Hydroponic Garden
• Eco-Action Committee
• Diversity & Inclusion Committee
• Special Education Support
The PTA also coordinates events to build a strong school community:
• Back-To-School Socials (e.g., Parent Coffee; Ice Cream Socials)
• Pumpkin Fest
• World Heritage Night
• DJ Dance Party
• Bingo Night
• Family Fitness Night
• Fifth Grade Promotion
• School Spirit Merchandise
• Extra Yearbooks
• Staff/Teacher Appreciation
• Parent Social and Auction
• Outdoor Lunch
Access Online Discovery Directory
When you join the PTA, your information will be added to our online directory. You will have access to the directory and can see your child's classmates (as other parents update their info). The online directory allows you to:
- Search for other parents who have opted in and sort by class and street.
- See who is in your child's class
- Room parents can also use the online directory to reach out to parents in the class.
You can control what information is added (for instance, if you want to share your email but not your phone number, you can set those preferences).
If you attended Discovery last year -- or signed up for an account over the summer -- please use the same login information.
If you are new to Discovery, please create an account.
For assistance please contact email@example.com
Explore DISCOVERY Merchandise
Show your Discovery Spirit by purchasing grade-level shirts!
Pick-up instructions will be emailed to you after your order is confirmed.
Shirts are $10 and are available for Pre-K through 5th grade.
Students are encouraged to wear their grade-level shirts on field trips, Field Day, spirit days, and any other time they feel like showing their grade level pride!
New Merchandise Available!
Our merchandise ordering site, new for the 2021-2022 school year, will follow the Scholastic book order model: you will have a window of time to place an order; when the window closes, items will be shipped and then distributed to your student at school. There will be multiple opportunities to order throughout the school year.
The first order window is open until October 4. We have LOTS of new items this year! Check them out.