January 7, 2021
In This Issue:
- Next PTA Mtg: Jan 12th
- Hat Day: Jan 15th
- Weekend Bags Program
- Yearbook Update: Sports and Purchase Link
Happy New Year! Watch your inbox every Thursday afternoon for this Discovery PTA newsletter, filled with important events, activities, and information.
Next PTA Meeting is Tues, Jan 12 @ 7 pm
Don't miss out! Along with our regular board updates, January’s faculty guest speaker will be Renita Upshur (1st Grade), discussing the upcoming PTA sponsored virtual seminar series, ‘Challenging Racism: Building Understanding.’
The link to join us on Zoom for the next PTA meeting will be posted on the PTA website
on Tuesday morning.
Spirit Day: Hat Day on Fri, Jan 15!
Show your school spirit, support your favorite team, or just celebrate your silly side with your choice of hat for Discovery's Hat Day on Friday, Jan 15th. We look forward to seeing all of our Explorers' personalities shine!
Weekend Bags Program
Discovery's participation in Barcroft's Weekend Bag program resumes this week! Please consider donating a weekend bag of groceries for Barcroft ES families. The link to sign up is here.
NEW PHOTO TOPIC...FAVORITE MASK! We are looking for photo submissions of your Explorer wearing their favorite mask! Be creative- show off your style, strike a pose. You can use the link here or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your student’s name and grade when you upload!
Purchase your copy of the Discovery Yearbook NOW! Don’t miss out on ordering your yearbook, created by ALL of YOU! Thank you for all your help in making this historic yearbook possible. Order your copy here! Yearbooks are $15.
Steps for ordering your yearbook:
- Use the link provided above to access the Online Pay Website. Click on the Register button.
- Fill in the required information and click Submit. **This step is ONLY registering your info...NOT ordering**
- You will be taken to your Account Page. To view the product, click on the Memory Book by Jostens logo at the top of the screen.
- Choose the Standard Yearbook. Once you have selected the yearbook, you will need to enter your student’s name and choose the class they are in. You will need to enter this information for each student you are ordering yearbooks for.
- Select quantity. Continue to checkout. Follow prompts to check out.
**NOTE: you will receive an email confirming your purchase from Memory Book by Jostens. This is your receipt**
Please email questions to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org