December 10, 2020
In This Issue:
- LAST Day for the Virtual Book + Game Fair
- Togetherness Day: TOMORROW
- Thank You
- Restaurant Night
- Holiday Gift Card Drive
- Weekend Bags Program
- Yearbook Update: Sports and Purchase Link
NEXT PTA MEETING: Tuesday, December 15 @ 7 pm. Don't miss out! Along with our regular board updates, we will be announcing a slew of new PTA events for January/February. December’s guest speaker will be Gretchen Odegard, Barcroft Elementary School’s PTA President, chatting about our newly formed (Discovery/Barcroft) community partnership. The link to join us on Zoom will be posted on the PTA website on Tuesday morning.
Only a Few Hours Left for the Book Fair!
Don’t delay! Order from our virtual book and game fair up until 11:59 pm tonight! Click here to browse a wide selection of wonderful books and educational games.
- This is a great way to support our teachers! Purchased books will be shipped directly to them, for use in their classrooms. On the Book Fair landing page, select School Wish Lists from the menu across the top to find your teacher!
- Please feel free to share the link with family and friends. The PTA receives 15% on all purchases.
- Free shipping on all orders over $30
- Consider a financial donation to our book drive for Barcroft Elementary
You can also find this information and online store link on the library webpage.
TOMORROW is Togetherness Day!
On Friday, Dec. 11, all Explorers and teachers are invited to wear their new, school-wide Discovery t-shirts! We can’t wait to see everyone. If you haven’t gotten your t-shirt, email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP (before 9pm!!) to arrange a pickup. No cost—shirts are free!
A very special thank you to all of the families who contributed to the No Frills Fundraiser! The PTA was able to raise nearly $7500! Your generosity is very much appreciated, and the PTA plans to put the funds to good use for our teachers and students!
Restaurant Night on December 15, 16 and 17
Zofia's Kitchen - pierogies, sandwiches, soups, and desserts
Dec 15, 16, 17
Delivery and pick up (Ballston Commons) available.
20% of your check will be donated to the PTA.
enter code DISCOVERY in order for us to receive credit for the purchase.
Holiday Gift Card Drive for Discovery Families
Help our PTA support Discovery families this holiday season. To donate a gift card (to grocery stores, Target, Amazon, etc.), please drop it off at the veranda during Library Grab and Go (2:30-4:30PM-Wednesdays) or the main office (8:30-3:30PM, Monday-Friday) until Dec. 17.
Weekend Bags Program
Please consider donating to the Weekend Bag program for Barcroft ES families. The link to sign up is here. Thank you for your support so far this year!
NEW PHOTO TOPIC this week! SPORTS! We are looking for photo submissions of your Explorer involved in whatever sports or exercise they enjoy! Please share a picture and let us know your favorite sport/exercise. You can use the link here or send it to email@example.com. Be sure to include your student’s name and grade when you upload!
Purchase your copy of the Discovery Yearbook NOW! Don’t miss out on ordering your yearbook, created by ALL of YOU! Thank you for all your help in making this historic yearbook possible. Order your copy here! Yearbooks are $15.
Steps for ordering your yearbook:
- Use the link provided above to access the Online Pay Website. Click on the Register button.
- Fill in the required information and click Submit. **This step is ONLY registering your info...NOT ordering**
- You will be taken to your Account Page. To view the product, click on the Memory Book by Jostens logo at the top of the screen.
- Choose the Standard Yearbook. Once you have selected the yearbook, you will need to enter your student’s name and choose the class they are in. You will need to enter this information for each student you are ordering yearbooks for.
- Select quantity. Continue to checkout. Follow prompts to check out.
**NOTE: you will receive an email confirming your purchase from Memory Book by Jostens. This is your receipt**
Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com